I can't strictly class woodworking as a hobby but I enjoy making stuff when the fancy takes me ... and my garage is clear ... and the weather not too cold.
Now, I say it's a garage but it's now become a workshop as it is stuffed full off my woodworking Tools.
I've build quite a few things now, although I only do one-offs. Where possible I've kepts notes on my various Projects.
Here are some woodworking links which may be of interest (with a star rating out of 5);
* Woodworker''s Journal Not much online content.
** Wood Magazine Some useful plans, tips & videos.
- GetWoodworking.com Website for several mags.
*** Screwfix Direct Mail order, supplies a catalogue.
** Axminster Power Tool Center Have an email newsletter, a bit expensive.
**** B&Q High-street accessible with budget ranges.
**** Machine Mart A little less accessible but better range and quality of budget tools.
- Internet Woodworking Woodstore
*** Absolutely Free Plans
- Amature Woodworker
** Grampa''s Workshop Neither of mine, they're dead.
*** Sawdust Making Lots of good basic advice.
* UK Workshop As the name implies, a UK biased site.
*** Wood Bin For software (CAD, cut lists, etc.)
** Woodworking.com Overly commercial.
- diydata.com DIY site with woodworking info.
- JustWoodworking.com Plenty of plans, not much else.